What makes a great leader?
Posted: May 5, 2014 17:23 by
2014 is well and truly in full swing and with any luck there is a lovely British summer around the corner. We’ve just returned from Leeds for the annual Presidents and Deputies weekend. UK chamber teams meet and discuss current issues facing the JCI UK organisation, make decisions on behalf of the members and get updates from each area of opportunity. The weekend was also full of networking, training and lots of caffeine Sunday morning after the Saturday night social event.
Just last week, our very own Natasha Buivids and Michelle Bustos made a special appearance on the 93.7 ExpressFM Business Express show talking all things JCI and a few other topics that snuck their way into the show. They also got to pick most of the songs on the show so to listen back, click here.
What’s coming up locally?
- Thursday 15 May - ActionCoach, Steve Mullins tells us what is takes to be a Leader
- Thursday 15 May 10AM-2PM – Come see us at 1000 Lakeside to meet some members and learn more about JCI Portsmouth
- Thursday 22 May – Open evening and New members evening with FREE wine and nibbles. Need we say more?
What’s coming up nationally?
- 10-11 May – Public Speaking Academy in Birmingham
What are we doing in the community?
- ShadeAid – from now until the end of July we will be collecting used/unwanted sunglasses to send to Africa to prevent retina deterioration. All events will have collection bins so get rid of those old shades.
- Race for Life Portsmouth – We will be volunteering for the 3rd year in a row to marshal Race for Life on Sunday 20 July 2014. Come join the fun and cheer on a load of determined women on the Southsea seafront on a gorgeous summer day.
How can you get involved?
- Present to us! We are always looking for interesting, creative and innovative local leaders to volunteer their time to present on business topics to help develop us as up and coming local leaders.
- Meet us! Come to an event to meet us and get to know what JCI Portsmouth is all about.
- Join us! If you are between the ages of 18-40, join us as a member and enjoy a long list of benefits.
- Recommend us! If you aren’t between the ages of 18-40 then recommend us to your colleagues, employees, friends or business contacts.
- Follow us! On Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to keep up with all the latest.
If you have any questions or would like to get on touch please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your JCI Portsmouth Council Team
By submitting a comment to our blog you agree to comply with and be bound by the terms of our Acceptable Use Policy.